Advance Your Credentials
Financial leaders choose the pathway to elite professional credentials offered by the Master of Science in Finance at Suffolk University.
- Unlock high-earning leadership opportunities.
- Connect with faculty and peers to build a network of successful industry leaders.
- Access Boston’s pioneering insights and thought leadership, 100 percent online.
- Continue to work and gain experiential knowledge.
- Develop industry-demanded skills in your elected concentration.
Learn From a Top-Ranked University in the Heart of Boston
Embark on the pathway to advanced credentials right here, right now. The 100 percent online master’s in finance program is built to enhance your professional life today. Attain your degree while you continue to work and gain experience. You’re just a click away from a global financial epicenter. Based in downtown Boston, the program is your springboard to pioneering innovation, insights, and thought leadership.
Graduates of the Master of Science in Finance program are uniquely positioned for success. The program is both a member of the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Institute University Affiliation Program and a Global Association of Risk Professionals (GARP) Academic Partner, creating a path toward coveted designations such as CFA and FRM.
Align with the Industry
Expand your skill set and increase your earning potential with a graduate degree in finance. The online master’s in finance curriculum prepares you with industry-demanded skills to enhance your professional trajectory.
- Data-driven analysis: Develop and apply analytical reasoning skills, expand your knowledge of quantitative methods, and become familiar with industry technologies.
- Advanced financial concepts: Obtain a broader and deeper view of financial theory as it pertains to the global economy.
- Ethical leadership: Understand the traits of a well-rounded, ethically grounded leader.
- Professional communication: Relay a variety of concepts and learn how to connect with stakeholders.
Fine-tune Coursework with a Focus
Choose a concentration area to maximize the impact of your master’s degree in finance. The variety of coursework in the program provides various pathways to certifications and designations of distinction.
Become a business operational leader with in-demand credentials. Learn the framework for crucial strategic solutions, such as resource allocation for maximum profit and innovative funding alternatives.
This program shows you how to assess and manage various types of financial risks in global companies and financial institutions. Align your coursework with completing the Global Association of Risk Professionals’ Financial Risk Manager certification program.
Gain a well-rounded understanding of asset management, security valuations, capital markets, portfolio management, and the process of issuing securities with the master’s in finance. The curriculum incorporates at least 70 percent of the CFA Program Candidate Body of Knowledge and was therefore accepted by the CFA University Affiliation Program.
Master's in Finance Online Curriculum
To the right are a few sample courses from the Master's in Finance online program. For additional course information, please download a program guide.
Download My Guide
Corporate Financial Reporting and Control
The focus of this course is on how economic analysis influences decision-making in the public and private sectors, and how economic tools can enhance managerial effectiveness and organizational efficiency.
This course deals with the structure and information content of the three principal financial statements of profit-directed companies, namely the income statement, balance sheet, and statement of cash flows. This course also contains an experiential component by offering guided inquiry and real company cases.
Students analyze markets for financial assets, including the money market and various bond and stock markets.