Boston’s Business World Is Your Classroom
As a student in Suffolk University’s MBA Online Degree Program, you will benefit from our location and connection to Boston’s world-renowned finance, biotech, technology, start-up, and healthcare industries. It’s a big part of what allows us to create one-of-a-kind experiential learning opportunities throughout the program. It’s also where many of our live learning sessions, guest speakers, and faculty members come from.
The Suffolk MBA Online comes to life through highly interactive and collaborative sessions that use current issues and real challenges from a variety of companies in the Boston area and around the world. During these sessions you’ll build practical business and leadership skills you can put to use immediately. It’s a distinct blend of advanced business competencies and communication skills that cannot be gained in other online MBA degree programs.
An Online MBA Focused on the Skills Employers Demand
Designed for ambitious working professionals like you, the Suffolk MBA Online Program focuses on the current issues and critical skills shaping global business.
- Develop Strategic Agility: Improve your ability to think critically and strategically about issues that impact organizational performance and global business.
- Use Analytical Reasoning: Effectively analyze information, discern patterns, draw conclusions, and make confident decisions that can solve organizational challenges.
- Manage Change: Become more proactive in your adaptation and reaction to real-world business challenges, marketplace changes, and unforeseen issues using a systematic approach to transitions, changing goals, processes, and technologies.
- Gain Global Awareness: Learn to see beyond the task at hand with a more comprehensive viewpoint. Improve organizational development initiatives, innovate, and create new opportunities with greater perspective.
- Improve Your Foundation: Build your expertise in essential areas like communications, operations management, business law, economics, statistics, and information technology.
Get Started Now
Define Your Personal Path to Success
Choose a concentration that aligns with your professional goals. The Suffolk MBA Online offers three concentrations to position yourself for success in your chosen field.
- Accounting Principles—Develop your expertise in accounting by focusing on financial statements, regulatory and reporting requirements, compliance, and other accounting standards.
- Business Intelligence—Focus on data and analytics as you learn to manage data resources, analyze data, and visualize results to improve performance management, optimize customer relations, monitor business activity, and support decision making.
- Finance—Explore the intricacies of corporate finance, portfolio management, investment banking, and international finance.
- Electives—As a student in the Suffolk MBA Online, the curriculum requirement is 12 credits of MBA electives, however, you may choose to select a
concentration. Students who do not elect this concentration option will take a group consisting of general electives.
MBA Online Curriculum
To the right are few sample courses from the online MBA program. For additional course information, please download a program guide.
Download My Guide
Understanding World-Class Clusters
Positioned for Success
With a graduate degree, specifically an online MBA from Suffolk University, you will be perfectly positioned to excel in your career. That’s because, beyond providing a highly experiential education on the cutting edge of dozens of disciplines, Suffolk sets its alumni up for success with:
- Access to a worldwide network of more than 80,000 alumni who open the doors of opportunity at leading employers, and mentor fellow alumni
- The expertise of our Career Development Center, staffed by professionals who offer job search consulting and resources for the length of a career
- Employment rates of 90+% within six months of graduation
This course introduces students to the topic of world-class clusters, why they emerge at specific locations in the first place, and how they behave in their respective industries.
Leading and Implementing Change
Students engage in a variety of learning activities and develop a multifunctional general management perspective. The course is designed to help students directly apply what they've learned in the core courses to their organization.
This course uses multiple approaches, defining, understanding and experiencing the strategic value of change at the organizational, team, and individual levels.