Boston’s Business World Is Your Classroom
An Online MBA Focused on the Skills Employers Demand
As a student in Suffolk University’s MBA Online Program, you will benefit from our location and connection to Boston’s world-renowned finance, biotech, technology, start-up, and healthcare industries. It’s a big part of what allows us to create one-of-a-kind experiential learning opportunities throughout the program. It’s also where many of our live learning sessions, guest speakers, and faculty members come from.
The Suffolk MBA Online comes to life through highly interactive and collaborative sessions that use current issues and real challenges from a variety of companies in the Boston area and around the world. During these sessions you’ll build practical business and leadership skills you can put to use immediately. It’s a distinct blend of advanced business competencies and communication skills that cannot be gained in other online MBA programs.
Define Your Personal Path to Success
Designed for ambitious working professionals like you, the Suffolk MBA Online Program focuses on the current issues and critical skills shaping global business.
- Develop Strategic Agility: Improve your ability to think critically and strategically about issues that impact organizational performance and global business.
- Use Analytical Reasoning: Effectively analyze information, discern patterns, draw conclusions, and make confident decisions that can solve organizational challenges.
- Manage Change: Become more proactive in your adaptation and reaction to real-world business challenges, marketplace changes, and unforeseen issues using a systematic approach to transitions, changing goals, processes, and technologies.
- Gain Global Awareness: Learn to see beyond the task at hand with a more comprehensive viewpoint. Improve organizational development initiatives, innovate, and create new opportunities with greater perspective.
- Improve Your Foundation: Build your expertise in essential areas like communications, operations management, business law, economics, statistics, and information technology.
Choose a concentration that aligns with your professional goals. The Suffolk MBA Online offers three concentrations to position yourself for success in your chosen field.
- Accounting Principles—Develop your expertise in accounting by focusing on financial statements, regulatory and reporting requirements, compliance, and other accounting standards.
- Finance—Explore the intricacies of corporate finance, portfolio management, investment banking, and international finance.
- Business Intelligence—Focus on data and analytics as you learn to manage data resources, analyze data, and visualize results to improve performance management, optimize customer relations, monitor business activity, and support decision making.
- Electives—As a student in the Suffolk MBA Online, the curriculum requirement is 12 credits of MBA electives, however, you may choose to select a
concentration. Students who do not elect this concentration option will take a group consisting of general electives.
To the right are select courses from the online MBA program. Please download a brochure for a complete curriculum listing:
Download My Guide
MBA-710 Understanding World Class Clusters
With a graduate degree from Suffolk University, you will be perfectly positioned to excel in your career. That’s because, beyond providing a highly experiential education on the cutting edge of dozens of disciplines, Suffolk sets its alumni up for success with:
- Access to a worldwide network of more than 80,000 alumni who open the doors of opportunity at leading employers, and mentor fellow alumni
- The expertise of our Career Development Center, staffed by professionals who offer job search consulting and resources for the length of a career
- Employment rates of 90+% within six months of graduation
MBA-760 World-Class Strategies
This first-semester MBA course introduces students to the topic of world-class clusters as a multi-level phenomenon. Beginning from the macro level of analysis and proceeding to the micro level, the course covers a panoply of concepts and frameworks for understanding why world-class clusters emerge at specific locations in the first place and then regularly succeed in transforming themselves to keep up with, and even lead, the pace of change in their respective industries.
MBA-770 Leading and Implementing Change
Students engage in a variety of learning activities, such as case studies, computer simulations, examinations, project reports and experiential exercises involving competition. Students will develop a multifunctional general management perspective. The course is designed to help students integrate and apply their knowledge and techniques learned in the core courses of the MBA program into an overall view of the firm, evaluate the environment, and speculate on the future direction of the organization.
The final course in the MBA curriculum ties together the integral components of the four industry clusters, strategy and business fundamentals to the experience of leading change. Students experience the change process personally through a simulation. Students then apply their learning to an applied project based in one of the four clusters that are team-based, client-focused, grounded in research, and integrates MBA concepts as required with a final presentation to a live client.