Depending on previous education
For students without experience in U.S. healthcare
Shape the Healthcare Industry
The online Master of Healthcare Administration program at Suffolk University prepares you for a lifetime of learning and career advancement. The following opportunities are available:
- Graduate in just over two years.
- Gain hands-on industry experience through an internship, if you need or desire one.
- Develop key leadership and management skills specific to healthcare.
- Engage with Boston’s world-class healthcare community.
- Connect with, and learn from, experienced faculty and healthcare practitioners.
Learn From a Top-Ranked University in the Heart of Boston
Earn your Master of Healthcare Administration online from Suffolk University, located in downtown Boston. U.S. News & World Report listed Suffolk University as one of the top “national universities” in 2017 and 2018.
Suffolk’s on-campus MHA Program is the only MHA program in New England that is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Management Education (CAHME). CAHME is the gold standard for accreditation, signifying the high quality of its accredited programs.
Learn from an experienced faculty of healthcare scholars and industry practitioners who combine the theory and practice of healthcare management. Become connected to the healthcare professional network in one of our nation’s fastest-growing fields in a city at the center of it all.
Master of Healthcare Administration Curriculum
To the right are a few sample courses from the Master of Healthcare Administration online program. For additional course information, please download a program guide.
Download My Guide
More About Our Online MHA Program
Put Patients and Providers First
Suffolk University’s Master of Healthcare Administration prepares you with thorough knowledge of key business elements to develop strategies, manage operations, and implement innovations—all while keeping the needs of patients and providers front and center.
- Health systems: Develop an understanding of the dynamic healthcare environment, including the unique roles of patients, providers, and payers.
- Operations and strategic management: Gain the knowledge and skills for managing people, projects, and organizations in vital areas, including quality and patient safety, finance, human resources, innovation, and strategy.
- Evidence-based decision-making: Learn and apply methods to make informed decisions on critical healthcare issues and utilize big data for healthcare management.
- Leadership and organizational change: Develop your skills to help individuals, teams, and organizations to effectively and ethically achieve their goals.
Evidence-Based Healthcare Management
Healthcare administration is one of the fastest-growing industries today. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the demand for healthcare administration professionals will grow 20% by 2026. The US News & World Report ranks medical and health service managers jobs as #5 best business jobs in the US. The annual median salary for such professionals is about $99,730 per year. Professionals who wish to grow in this field would benefit from an experiential online Master in Healthcare Administration that helps them develop the business acumen and industry-specific knowledge to shape the healthcare system.
Big Data And Analytics For Health And Healthcare
This course develops foundational evidence-based management skills and initiates the professional self-development work that students undertake throughout the MHA Program.
Ethics, Leadership Organizational Change in Healthcare
This course introduces students to the new science of analytics in the context of the health and healthcare sectors.
This course integrates ethics into students’ development of their own leadership and change management skills and practice. The course is designed to promote intellectual growth and personal insight into one’s own leadership capabilities and style.